The ORNL DAAC's Thematic Real-time Environmental Distributed Data Services (THREDDS) Data Server (TDS) serves the contents of selected ORNL DAAC data sets through a catalog service and several data access services, that allow users to find and access data sets of interest from within a simple, hierarchal catalog within a Web browser or a compatible client software.
TDS is able to read data sets from various formats, and serve them through OPeNDAP, OGC Web Coverage Service, NetCDF subset, and bulk HTTP file transfer services. Subsetting is available through all methods except bulk HTTP file transfer. Additionally, TDS had the ability to aggregate many files into virtual datasets, which frees users from the many details of file storage and naming, and greatly simplifies user access to large collections of files.
For a limited number of data products, the ORNL DAAC offers a TDS Catalog Service.
Selected ORNL DAAC data products available in TDS:
- Safari 2000 C-130 Aerosol and Meteorological Data, Dry Season 2000
- FLUXNET Marconi Conference Gap-Filled Flux and Meteorology data, 1992-2000
- Selected VEMAP 2 Model Results
- ISLSCP II MODIS Collection 4 IGBP Land Cover, 2000-2001
- ISLSCP II C4 Vegetation Percentage
- ISLSCP II ECOSYSTEM Rooting Depths
- ISLSCP II Earth Radiation Budget Experiment (ERBE) Monthly Albedo, 1986-1990
- Global Monthly Climatology for the Twentieth Century (New et al.)
- Global 30-Year Mean Monthly Climatology, 1961-1990 (New et al.)
- Daymet 2° by 2° tile data
- Daymet mosaic data set
The following software tools are available for accessing TDS data:
Additionally, the following list of software for manipulating and displaying NetCDF data is maintained by Unidata:
- Introduction to ORNL DAAC THREDDS Data Server
- Use ORNL DAAC TDS Data Resources in Matlab
- Use ORNL DAAC TDS Data Resources in Python
- Use ORNL DAAC TDS Data Resources in ArcGIS
- Earthdata Webinar Series: Simplifed NASA Earth Science Data Access through OPeNDAP
The following TDS Catalog is maintained by Unidata.