The ORNL DAAC recommends using Cyberduck, WinSCP, and lftp clients to upload the data and
documentation files of submissions for archival. The ORNL DAAC does not recommend Filezilla. If Filezilla must
be used, replace
ftpes:// in the upload link provided for your
submission. The ORNL DAAC uses the FTPS extension to File Transfer Protocol (FTP) so that Transport Layer
Security is applied.
After completing the Submit Data Form, data providers should recieve an email contaning instructions for uploading files with XCAMS. XCAMS accounts are managed by the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and do not use the same credentials as the ORNL DAAC website.
To reset your password for XCAMS, select "I Forgot My Password" at https://xcams.ornl.gov/xcams/.
Cyberduck is a GUI FTP client for Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Download and install Cyberduck.
- Start Cyberduck and select the Open Connection icon.
- Select FTP-SSL (Explict Auth-TLS) from the dropdown menu.
- Enter credentials.
- Server: daacupload.ornl.gov
- Port: 21
- Open More Options.
- Select Connect.
- Select the Upload icon to add your files to the remote directory.
- Create a bookmark of the directory to access it later.
WinSCP is a GUI FTP client for Windows operating systems.
- Download and install WinSCP.
- Start WinSCP and the Login Dialog will appear.
- Enter credentials.
- File protocol: FTP
- Encryption: TLS/SSL Explicit Encryption
- Host name: daacupload.ornl.gov
- Port number: 21
- User name:
- Password: leave empty
- Select Save to access the connection later.
- Select Login.
- Enter your password when prompted. It could take a few moments to connect to the server.
CTRL-Oto open a directory.
/<ingest_id>in the Open Directory field.
- Select OK.
- Drag and drop your files from your local directory to the remote directory.
CTRL-Bto add the path to bookmarks.
lftp is a command line FTP client with FTPS support for Linux and Mac opearting systems.
Using the Yum package manager:
$ yum install lftpMac
Using the Homebrew package manager:
$ brew install lftp
Append the following to the file
set ftp:ssl-force true set ftp:ssl-protect-data true set ftp:ssl-force true set ftp:ssl-protect-list yes set ftp:ssl-protect-fxp yes set ssl:verify-certificate false
$ lftp <username>@daacupload.ornl.gov/<ingest_id> Password:
|help||list available commands|
|ls||list files and directories|
|cd||change into a directory|
|mirror -R||upload or update a directory tree|
|-c||resume partially complete transfers|
Read more about lftp at How to
Setup lftp - A Simple Command line FTP Program or by using the command
Contact Us if you have questions about your dataset submission.