This initiative began in 1999 and concluded in 2001, and was built around a number of ongoing, already-funded activities by NASA, the international community, and African nations in the southern African region. Historical data from 1973 through 1995 were compiled as background data.
The ORNL DAAC SAFARI 2000 Data archive includes 109 data products from the following categories:
- Atmospheric and Airborne Studies
- Land Cover
- Climate and Meteorology
- Field Based Measurements
- Hydrology Studies
- Regional Data
- Remote Sensing
- SAFARI 2000 Data Policy
- SAFARI 2000 Photo Pages
- Archived Historical SAFARI 2000 Web Site
- SAFARI 2000 Historical Data & Information System Links
- SAFARI 2000 Special Edition Journals
- Archived Historical Southern Africa Validation of EOS (SAVE) Project Web Site (Note: This is an unmaintained snapshot of the SAVE Project Website, as such some links may no longer resolve.)
- CDs .....
- See list of data sets and download data
- Retrieve SAFARI 2000 data by FTP browse
- Search SAFARI 2000 data (Mercury)
- Get SAFARI 2000 MODIS Airborne Similar (MAS) data files using the SAFARI 2000 MAS Visualization Tool
- SAFARI 2000 AirMISR Data at Langley DAAC
- SAFARI 2000 Remote Sensing Data
- Global Perspective Videos
Click the left hand pictures and watch as you descend from outer space to locations in southern Africa, then click the right hand pictures to ascend back into space.
Animations courtesy of the NASA GODDARD Space Flight Center Scientific Visualization Studio.