The objective of the EOS Land Validation Project is to achieve consistency, completeness, and a timely flow of data in support of the validation of Earth Observing System (EOS) Land Products, especially MODIS, ASTER, MISR, and LANDSAT 7. This is an active project, while some data sets are available from the ORNL DAAC, most data products are currently being developed, exist at other installations, or are published within other research campaigns.
The EOS Land Validation Core Sites are focus sites for validation over a range of biome types. These sites represent consensus amongst the instrument teams and validation investigators.
Participating EOS Land Validation Instrument Teams include:
The following Land Validation resources are maintained by the ORNL DAAC:
- MODIS Land Product Subsets
- Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) subsets
- EOS Land Validation Acronyms
- EOS Land Validation Presentations
- EOS Validation Data Archival Policy
- See list of data sets and download data
- Browse Land Validation Data Holdings by selected attributes
- Retrieve Land Validation data by FTP browse
- Search Land Validation data (Mercury)