The BOREAS Information System
What's New at the BOREAS Web Site
There have been many changes and additions to the BOREAS Web pages since they first debuted in February of 1995. There are more pictures and maps, some scientific papers, and direct access to the BOREAS data.
- Download the BOREAS 1996 Operations Document in Adobe Acrobat format (August 13, 1997)
- Download the BOREAS 1996 Experiment Plan (7 chapters and appendices) in Adobe Acrobat format (August 7, 1997)
- Each individual Science Team now has its own Web page. (April 21, 1997)
- A list of BOREAS Personel and links to their Science Teams. (April 21, 1997)
- Some Help Writing Your BOREAS Documentation (April 9, 1997)
- Download the BOREAS 1994 Experiment Plan (5 chapters and appendices) in Adobe Acrobat format (April 7, 1997)
- Download the BOREAS Operations Document for 1994 (final version) in Adobe Acrobat format (September 24, 1996)
- View a report on the "Remote Sensing of Biophysical Parameters" Commitee (July 16, 1996)
- News summary, the latest in BOREAS (added May 24, 1996, frequently updated)
- Download the BOREAS Operations Document for 1994 (preliminary version) in Adobe Acrobat format (May 23, 1996) [no longer available]
- New "BOREAS Artwork For Presentations" page containing useful artwork. (April 2, 1996)
- There is a new BOREAS Keywords List that gives an overview of the types of data BORIS has available, who collected them, and how to find them (March 28, 1996).
- The Terrestrial Ecology (TE) Teams page -- new pages added for FroST, Hybrid 3, and Zelig TE models (Feb 29, 1996)
- List of BORIS Investigator Mailings (by subject) (Jan 3, 1996)
- Download the BOREAS Science White Papers in Adobe Acrobat format (Dec 18, 1995)
- See a list of WWW pages related to the BOREAS Project (updated Nov 7, 1995)
- Direct access to the BOREAS data (BOREAS Investigators only) (as of Sep 1, 1995)
- All site pages now have complete coordinate information on them, including Latitude, Longitude, Elevation, Northing, and Easting. (April 1998)
- A picture of Astronaut Candidate Piers Sellers in his space suit has been added to the "Piers in Space..." page. (April 1998)
- The BOREAS Scientific Paper List has been updated to include the papers in the newly released JGR BOREAS Special Issue (January 27, 1998)
- All of the individual Science Team pages were updated to include lists of data sets available. (Nov 6, 1997)
- Five new BOREAS science diagrams added to the BOREAS Artwork page (April 9, 1997).
- New diagrams and maps added to the BOREAS Artwork page (November 7, 1996).
- The BOREAS Keywords List has been expanded to include more data types and cross-references (July 22, 1996).
- The Field Campaign Sumamry has been expanded to include 1995 and 1996 field visits (June 19, 1996)
- The Northern Study Area (NSA) Overview (Dec 19, 1995) -- Updated Map
- The Northern Study Area (NSA) Airport/BOREAS Operations (Dec 19, 1995) -- Updated Map
- New aerial photographs/maps have been added to the following site pages: NSA-Fen, NSA-OBS, NSA-OJP, NSA-YJP, SSA-Fen, SSA-OA, SSA-OBS, SSA-OJP, SSA-YJP. (Dec 19, 1995)
- View an updated list of BOREAS-related scientific papers (updated April 9, 1997)
All of the BOREAS data is password protected, and currently can only be accessed by BOREAS Investigators. Note: The data_access password was changed on April 1, 1996.
- UPDATED STAFF -- The SSA-OJP surface met modelling data set. For the times 208:0215-231:1845, the original diffuse shortwave and incoming longwave measurements were substituted with SSA-OA data due to instrument failure. For the times 315:1945-322:0000, the original incoming longwave measurements were substituted with SSA-OA data due to instrument failure. -- View a List of Data Files
- NEW AFM-7 SRC Met Data
- NEW STAFF -- New data for AES Campbell Scientific Met Autostation data
August 27, 1996
May 8, 1996
March 22, 1996
March 1, 1996
- NEW RSS-2 -- ASAS data, SSA, Summer 1994. All these data are stored offline, but have arrived at BORIS and are available.
- SSA-OJP -- July 21, 1994
- SSA-YJP -- July 21, 1994
- SSA-FEN -- July 21, 1994
- SSA-YA -- July 23, 1994
- SSA-AVIRIS CAL SITE -- July 23, 1994
- SSA-OBS -- June 6, 1994
- SSA-FEN -- June 6, 1994
February 16, 1996
January 22, 1996
December 22, 1995
- NEW TE-13 -- the Flux Tower and Auxiliary site locations and decriptions.
December 11, 1995
- NEW TE-6 -- Standing Biomass, Sapwood Volume, and Leaf Area data summarized by site-plot, for both Tower Flux and Auxillary sites.
- NEW TE-6 -- Standing Biomass, Sapwood Volume, and Leaf Area data summarized by site-species, for both Tower Flux and Auxillary sites.
- NEW TE-6 -- Stand Characteristics summarized by site-species, for both Tower Flux and Auxillary sites.
- NEW TE-6 --Stand Characteristics summarized by site-canopy class, for only Auxillary sites.
November 30, 1995
- NEW STAFF -- NSA Soils Bulk Density data. -- View the Data File
- NEW TE-9B -- These files contain the diurnal vairability of FPAR in NSA for the OJP, YJP, YAS, OAS, OBS flux towers and the TE-black spruce site. -- View a List of Data Files
- DATA NOTE TF-3 -- Data at NSA-OBS are currently being reprocessed with PI-certified data available approximately Feb 1, 1996. Snapshots of the reprocessed data show differences with the prelimary data currently in BORIS typically in the range 20-40%, and larger in the case of latent heat fluxes. Investigators are cautioned against using preliminary data to validate or select parameters for models.
November 21, 1995
- NEW AFM-7 -- Data from Suite A October 1995 and some of Suite B October 1995 -- View a List of Data Files
- UPDATED AFM-7 -- Soil Temperatures #1 and #2 from The Pas (TP) from 19-JUN-95 through the present and from Lynn Lake (LL) from 22-SEP-95 through the present have been changed to -999 for the times when the values were incorrect due to sensor error. The sensors will be replaced in the Spring 1996 after the ground thaws. Note that this is not the SOIL_TEMPERATURE 10cm, 20cm, 50cm columns!! It is the two columns at the end of the table that will be used later to calculate soil moisture. -- View a List of Data Files
- NEW STAFF -- NSA Soils GIS data -- View a List of Data Files
November 15, 1995
- NEW AFM-7 -- Data from SSA-OJP (NP) from 25-AUG-95 through September 1995 -- View a List of Data Files
- NEW AFM-7 -- Rest of Suite B data from September 1995 loaded on-line. -- View a List of Data Files
- DATA NOTE AFM-7 -- Soil Temperature #1 and Soil Temperature #2 are missing from The Pas (TP) from 19-JUN-95 through the present and from Lynn Lake (LL) from 22-SEP-95 through the present due to sensor error. The sensors will be replaced in the Spring 1996 after the ground thaws. -- View a List of Data Files
- UPDATED AFM-7 -- Tipping Bucket values for FF (Flin Flon) from August and September have been corrected. -- View a List of Data Files
November 8, 1995
November 3, 1995
E-Mail a comment on this page to the curator
Return to the BOREAS Home Page
Last Updated: April 22, 1998